Department of Mechanical Engineering(MECH).
The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the academic year 2010. Currently the department offers one under graduate program, B.TECH in Mechanical Engineering, with an intake of 60. It is highly reputed for producing eminent engineers as professionals, researchers and entrepreneurs. Many of its alumni occupy key positions in industries and institutions in India as well as in abroad. The department is proud to be collaborated with well-known industries in the sector.
The department has a team of highly qualified, motivated and experienced faculty with doctorates (Ph.D.) and M.E./M.Tech qualification in various areas of specializations. Majority of the faculty are having varied experience of industrial, teaching and research which help to serve the students in exposing them to industrial and research environment. Mechanical engineering department have well equipped applied thermodynamics lab, Fluid Mechanics, CAD lab, Industrial Fluid Power lab, Heat Transfer lab, Material Science and Metallurgy lab.
The department is associated with professional bodies under which various activities are being taking place and collaboration with various companies by various student development programs.
We, at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Khammam Institute of Technology and Sciences shall strive hard to impart knowledge and state-of-the-art training to our students and expose them to broad areas of Mechanical Engineering, namely Design, Manufacturing, Energy, Thermal Sciences and currently related interdisciplinary areas, so that they can later practice their profession at home or abroad keeping in mind the needs and concern of the society they represent, safeguarding values, ethics and be instrumental in bringing about an overall technological development.
1. To deliver knowledge in Mechanical Engineering with high educational standards so that the outgoing students are employable and globally competitive.
2. To produce graduate with core competency as well as relevant software skills and social responsibility.
3. To be dynamic in imparting knowledge to students depending upon the changing national and International needs.
SHORT TERM GOAL:
? Improve passing rate.
? Identify weaker students and groom them through extra efforts.
? Increase first class index.
? Encourage students for research projects by providing financial support.
LONG TERM GOAL:
? Permanent affiliation.
? Recognized research center of mechanical engineering department.
? Continuous improvement in Mechanical engineering departmental placements.
? Increase industrial MOUs.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO’S):
1. Cater to the needs of Indian as well as multinational industries.
2. Be competent with strong technological background to analyze data, formulate and undertake industrial problems and obtain viable solutions
3. Make successful career in industry / research / higher Studies.
4. Be life-long learning and should be able to work on multi-disciplinary projects.
5. Be Competent for effective communication, in management and in professional skills and ethics.